Bylaws and Strategic Plan
- Bylaws (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Strategic Plan 2020-2025 (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Visual Strategic Plan 2020-2025 (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
Financial and HR Information
- Finance and HR Contact Information
- Common Errors in OneSource and Resolutions
- Compensated Outside Activities and Conflict of Interest Disclosures
- Faculty and Staff Guide to OneUSG Connect
- Compensation at UGA
- OSE Guide on Grievances
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Visas (Coming Soon)
- Visiting Researchers and Scholars (VRS)
- Volunteer Agreement
- Year End Deadlines
- Purchasing: Allowable and Unallowable Expenditures
- Purchasing: UGAmart
- Purchasing: Food & Entertainment (Coming Soon)
- Reports: BSR Lite (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Reports: PSR Lite (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Ecology Hiring Form
- Event Planning Form
- Payroll/Funding Change Request Form (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Purchasing: P-Card Purchase Request Form (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Research Buyout Request (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Special Funding Request Form
- UGA New Supplier Form
Unit Facilities and Parking
Administrative Team Contact Information
Joanne Greenway, Administrative Specialist II
- Hotel room bookings for speakers
- Odum space bookings
- Vehicle sign outs (excluding truck)
- Key sign out and refunds
- Vehicle maintenance
- FMD building maintenance requests
Leslie Sitz, Executive Assistant to the Dean
- Faculty and instructional hiring, terminations and position maintenance
- Faculty meeting minutes
- Support for associate deans
- Faculty Affairs liaison
- Approval of events without alcohol
- Faculty awards
- Promotion and tenure
- Access control management
- Management of facilities and infrastructure
Ecology Building Access and Reservations
- The Odum School of Ecology follows UGA’s Holiday schedule
- Building open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Location on campus
- After Hours Facilities Emergency: UGA Police (706) 542-2200
Keys and Facility Access
- Key request form (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Room Reservations: Reserve space in the Ecology building, the CEID conference room or the RBC conference room; book space in the Ecology building for an event. (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Parking for Visitors: The Offices of the Dean and Administration can provide parking passes or codes for limited stays (up to 5 business days). If your visitor needs access to parking for additional time, click here for more information.
- Parking for Ecology Administration: There are 3 Departmental Passes (DP) available for limited use. These passes will allow a current permit holder to park elsewhere on campus while tending to official UGA business during normal business hours. Priority is given to Ecology Administration.
Maintenance and Disposals
- Routine building maintenance requests for the Ecology building, Ecology Annex, RBC, Barrow Hall and classrooms in Poultry Science should be submitted to email@example.com. Please contact Takao Sasaki for issues involving Horseshoe Bend and Andy Davis regarding the Odum cabin. Routine building maintenance requests for CEID should be submitted to Madison Wilson.
- Research labs and associated personnel should manage proper research disposals.
Policies and Procedures
Ecology Policies & Procedures
- OSE Admissions Procedure
- OSE Graduate Handbook
- OSE Events Policies
- OSE Indirect Cost Policy
- OSE Faculty Awards & Nominations Policy
- OSE Faculty Mentoring Policies
- OSE Faculty Professional Leave Guidelines
- OSE Graduate Program Faculty Policy
- OSE Research Buyout Policy (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
OSE Promotion and Tenure
- Five-Year Post-Tenure Review (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Metrics of Academic Engagement Five-Year Post-Tenure Review (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
University of Georgia Policies
Unit Information and Resources
- Logos for the Odum School of Ecology, Center for the Ecology of Infectious Diseases (CEID), and the River Basin Center (RBC). (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- Odum School of Ecology Letterhead and Templates. (Please find this in Teams/School Governance/Files)
- AV Pointers: The Offices of the Dean and Administration maintains basic pointers and slide advancement pointers for instructors. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to reserve a pointer.
- Telephone Services: Please contact Tyler Ingram to set up or remove telephone service from your office.
- Notary Services: Jenna Jones offers notary services in the unit. The Tate Student Center also offers notary services free of charge to faculty, staff, and students when related to official UGA business.
Print & Copy
- Poster Printing: The Graduate School offers free printing of research posters for academic conferences. To print posters for use in Ecology, please contact Tyler Ingram.
- Copier: There is a secure copy machine set up in the mailroom of the Ecology building for official Ecology business use. This machine should not be used to make copies of full books or other copyrighted material. Please contact Tyler Ingram for an access code, and email email@example.com for instructions on how to use the copier.
- Dissertations and Thesis Printing: The Tate Student Center can process dissertation and thesis printing requests.
Campus Mail, Shipping, and Returns
- Campus Mail is typically distributed by noon each business day. If you have official outgoing mail that needs to be delivered via USPS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. As packages are delivered, the Offices of the Dean and Administration will email you when your items are ready for pickup.
- Express Shipping: Please email email@example.com for help with FedEx shipping.
- Shipping Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials, including dry ice shipping
- Returns: To return items for repair, replacement, etc., please visit this link and choose “Material Return Slip and Shipping Permit” to process this request. Please notify the Ecology Business Team of all returns. You’ll need the following information:
- The vendor’s approval and a Return Authorization Number from the vendor,
- Packaging requirements from the vendor, especially if shipping to an international vendor,
- Confirmation from vendor if they are covering the return shipping costs,
- The UGA inventory number, if the item is an inventoried asset of UGA,
- The UGA Purchase Order number, if a PO is being issued by Procurement for the return. It is strongly recommended that you insure all items for the full replacement value. If the shipment is not insured and is lost or damaged, there are no other replacement or repair costs available.
Recycling, Surplus, and Disposal
- The main recycling area is located just down from the Conference Room (rm. 12) and the Park Lab (rm. 126).
- Paper: Recycle bins are labeled and located throughout the building. These are typically paired with landfill containers and labeled for easy determination.
- Compost: During the academic year, compost bins are located in the courtyard.
- Batteries: These are collected in a “Universal Waste” container located in the main recycle area. Only UGA-used batteries should be discarded here.
- Styrofoam (#6 polystyrene): Styrofoam is collected in the large white trash bin in the main recycling area. Clean and dry polystyrene foam blocks, coolers, or packing peanuts are accepted. Tape, labels, and any contents (including any trace of food residue) must be removed.
- Ink cartridges: Repackage the cartridge and and place it in the outgoing mail bin.
- Unwanted furniture, equipment, electronics (surplus): UGA departments and department personnel are not to dispose of any non-consumable UGA property, even if broken and/or unusable. Further information on surplus can be found here. If you are unable to recycle use within Ecology please fill out this form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a cost associated with having items picked up for UGA Surplus disposal. Project funds are not allowed to cover disposal costs.
- Disposal of Sharps, Pointed Plastics, and Glass
- UGA Motor Vehicle Use
- UGA Vehicle Rentals
- OSE Vehicles (Ecology Fleet): Ecology currently has a fleet consisting of (two) 15-passenger vans. Instructional use is given priority. To request a reservation, email email@example.com for further information. Vehicles should not be kept overnight unless associated with an approved course and with prior approval. Keys can be picked up during office hours, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Only students, faculty, and staff that have completed and signed a driver acknowledgment form are permitted to operate an Ecology vehicle.
- Vehicle Gas/Fuel: Each UGA vehicle comes with a WEX gas card. These cards are assigned to a specific vehicle, not a person. The vehicle number is located at the bottom of each card. The card may only be used to obtain gas for the associated vehicle. New vehicle operators must contact the Automotive Center at 706-542-7173 to be granted authorization to use the WEX gas card.