Ph.D. in Ecology, University of Georgia
M.S. in Conservation Ecology and Sustainable Development, University of Georgia
B.S. in Environmental Science, Lebanon Valley College
B.A. in English, Lebanon Valley College
- Stream ecology
- Conservation biology
- Estimating populations and forecasting species population status
- Flow ecology
- Connecting science to natural resource management and conservation decision-making
- Understanding the causes of aquatic organism declines in the Conasauga River
- Using infrastructure projects to enhance biodiversity
- Informing water management in the Upper Flint River and beyond
- Methods for analyzing time series abundance data
- Managing urban streams for equitable delivery of services
Jackson, C.R., Wenger, S.J., Bledsoe, B.P., Shepherd, J.M., Capps, K.A., Rosemond, A.D., Paul, M.J., Welch‐Devine, M., Li, K., Stephens, T. and Rasmussen, T.C., 2023. Water supply, waste assimilation, and low‐flow issues facing the Southeast Piedmont Interstate‐85 urban archipelago. JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association.
van Rees, C.B., Jumani, S., Abera, L., Rack, L., McKay, S.K. and Wenger, S.J., 2023. The potential for nature-based solutions to combat the freshwater biodiversity crisis. PLOS Water, 2(6), p.e0000126.
Stowe, E.S., Petersen, K.N., Rao, S., Walther, E.J., Freeman, M.C. and Wenger, S.J., 2023. Stream restoration produces transitory, not permanent, changes to fish assemblages at compensatory mitigation sites. Restoration Ecology, p.e13903.
Wenger, S.J., Stowe, E.S., Gido, K.B., Freeman, M.C., Kanno, Y., Franssen, N.R., Olden, J.D., Poff, N.L., Walters, A.W., Bumpers, P.M. and Mims, M.C., 2022. Simple statistical models can be sufficient for testing hypotheses with population time‐series data. Ecology and Evolution, 12(9), p.e9339.
Freeman, M.C., Bestgen, K.R., Carlisle, D., Frimpong, E.A., Franssen, N.R., Gido, K.B., Irwin, E., Kanno, Y., Luce, C., Kyle McKay, S. and Mims, M.C., 2022. Toward improved understanding of streamflow effects on freshwater fishes. Fisheries, 47(7), pp.290-298.